BAMTA GRADUATING HIGH SCHOOL SENIOR AWARD
Due Date: April 16, 2014
Richard Capp, Chair
The Student’s BAMTA teacher should submit a letter of Recommendation by April 16, 2014 to: Richard Capp, 3350 Loyola Ct., Boulder, CO 80305
BAMTA presents this award to acknowledge an outstanding graduating High school senior. The award will consist of a framed certificate and a gift appropriate to the student’s interest (value approximately $200), or a cash award of $200.
BAMTA members in good standing may submit a letter of recommendation for their graduating student(s) who have contributed to the enrichment of the musical community through participation in BAMTA activities, community theater, high school music activities, accompanying, as a church musician or other musical venues.
Through this award BAMTA wishes to expand its presence in the community and increase communication with the schools. We will be in contact with the recipient’s high school music teacher to make arrangements to honor this student in the appropriate awards ceremony.
The Letter of Recommendation Should:
1. Give student’s name, High School, and BAMTA teacher’s name.
2. Tell about the student’s music awards and accomplishments.
3. List venues in which the student’s musical talents have been shared with the community.
4. List the student’s participation in BAMTA activities.
5. Describe student’s post-high school music plans.
6. If the student has substantial school music involvement, please have the High School Music teacher provide a signature, phone number and comments regarding the student’s participation in the school music program.
The award recipient will be announced at the May BAMTA meeting.